Wednesday, May 22, 2013

a rant.. in response thread comments

Day 22
[Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. (a pet peeve, a current event, a controversial topic, something your husband or roommate or neighbor or boss does that really ticks you off ]


Example taken from Google Thread

Jenni already talked about comments getting a reply and how to do all that jazz, which I had already set up correctly from before. However, the one thing that really annoys me is the fact that I never know if I get a reply from someone when I comment on their blog and it's reply in comments section. I don't get sent an email telling me they responded and honestly I am most likely not going to go back hunting to look for my comment when a WHOLE lot of people left comments. There are those times when you randomly click onto a blog you've never been to and leave a comment which they may have happened to reply to comment in comment section but how are you going to remember who to check back at after you closed your browser? Okay, your history... but if you looked at a LOT of different blogs, sorry but who has time to find where you last commented and what post. It's such an inconvenience and for me it's such an annoying thing because what if they wrote back something good or what if they asked you to email me them in them comments. How am I ever going to know that?! Yes, I could write down all the blogs I visit and the posts I read in which I left a comment but that's a kill joy and also time consuming, not to sound like a bleep. There are comments I have left and I will never know if I got a response or not because it's reply in comments section. I could also click follow by email but why would I want to do that because I am going to get an email every time someone else leaves a comment on this person's post... annoying! Who wants a cluttered inbox that doesn't acknowledge what you had written only. 

This is my little rant, nothing to great or big or anything but I had to mention it, because I have been thinking about it a lot through blogging but even more so lately and it completely sucks the outcome. It sucks because you could have quite possibly gained a blogger friend or something.. who knows?! The other thing that is kinda of a disappointment is that the blogger can reply to your comment quickly but doesn't review your blog and what a shame! Okay, I understand you can have TONS of comments, but if you're going to reply why not check out the blog? If you checked out the blog then mostly like could click on comment-ers email link and email them that you replied. I actually had that happened only ONCE, once, but goes to show not every single person is willing to do that for whatever reason.
Any who..

I hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday! :) 












Signed, Joe

1 comment:

  1. This is why I usually just email respond to commenters on Teh Blog. I have rarely ever went back to a post to see if anyone responded to my comment. I've often considered adding Discus or some other sign in comment feed to my blog, but thats just so much work, lol.

    I will, however, comment back on the actual post if the person doesn't have an email connected to their comment (UGH!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you truly for leaving a little note on my blog. I very much kindly appreciate it and feel very grateful for you taking the time to write on my blog. Thank you, thank you, thank you dearly, much love. <3